The Office of the Chief Accountant is responsible for establishing and enforcing accounting and auditing policy to enhance the transparency and relevancy of financial reporting, and for improving the professional performance of public company auditors in order to ensure that financial statements used for investment decisions are presented fairly and have credibility.
Chief accountants must oversee the maintenance of the company's transactions and assets, and they should stay up to date with relevant practices, laws, and technologies as well. In some instances, chief accountants may need to develop and implement accounting procedures for their organization as well; this includes training subordinates in their department and other individuals in the organization as well.
- Responsible for the overall Finance and Account of the company
- Capable of managing & supervising day to day financial operations.
- Having the potential capability to thoroughly review and evaluate the past budget in order to achieve the efficient and plausible forecast for company annual budget
- Able to administer and conduct the efficient supervising on overall usage of the assigned budget and must be competent in containing the budget within the limit of assigned annual budget for the company.
- Must be experienced in constructing forms related to account department with proper SOP and able to manage it effectively
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports for multiple affiliates
- Advises, recommends to Management concerning with Financial Management for both existing and future plans that compliances with company visions, missions and objectives
- Monitors and ensures compliance with local taxation laws, regulations and policies, generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
- Prepares trial balance, financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow statements), annual financial reviews and annual taxation final reports to be reviewed by Finance Controller
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits
- Prepares General Ledger Accounts, Cost Centers and Business Transaction Documents
- Reports monthly profit/loss to management & reconciliation between actual figures and forecasted figures
- Coordinates monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Distributes monthly comparison reports and cost center reports according to schedules
- Reviews and manages Petty cash, Account Payables, Account Receivables and weekly check runs
- Takes responsibility on all taxation related obligations
- Maintains and monitors fixed assets systems, accurate account and records system of all company transactions and analyzes Financial Risk and reports to management accordingly
- Participates in planning of Annual Budgets and assists and prepares all allocations
- Works closely with both Internal and External Auditors during the Financial and Operational Audits to ensure all the records are accurate
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports
- Adhere to internal and external deadlines and ensure that all the requirements are met
- Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information
- Able to manage and supervise the staff under the relevant department by providing assistances
- Age not more than (45)
- Qualification level of a degree holder in relevant positon -M. Com or ACCA
- Minimum 10 years of Accounting and Taxation or Auditing Experience
- Excellent command of English (4 skills) – (Relevant Certificate Required)
- Proficient in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), E-mail, Internet and Myanmar and English Typing
- Able to use Accounting Software
- Knowledge or past experience of Chief Accountant position is a must
- Knowledge of Corporate and Commerce is a must
- Familiar with government taxation laws and regulations, local taxation policies, etc. is an added advantage
- Able to work under pressures and challenging situations
- Able to work overtimes if required
- Meticulous, analytical and organized
- Integrity and able to keep company confidentiality
- Initiative and self-motivated
- Risk management skills
- Report writing skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Pleasant Personality
- Salary: USD (1000) (Equivalent Kyats) or DEPENDENT ON APPLICANT'S QUALIFICATIONS
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time
- Contract Type: 2 years
- Benefits: Variable Bonuses ( Performance, Allowances and etc.)
- Location: Central Tower (Kyauktada Township, Yangon)
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday through Saturday except Saturday which is 9am to 3.30pm,
How to Apply?
Interested persons should submit CV with application letter with original hand writing, passport size color (2) photo (within three months taken), copies of NRC Card, Labour registration card, Graduation certificate. Clearance certificate from respective ward & police Station, working experience and other relevant certificate together with supporting documents, expected salary, contact phone number to No.(79/81), Room #904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon by personally (or) please email a copy of your detailed resume in MS Words format to email@example.com Please do specify application post (or) use apply form.
No. (79/81), Room #904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, kyauktada Tsp, Yangon, Myanmar.
Tel : 95-1-374980, 374981, 374982
Fax : 95-1-379617