Shipping & Logistics Manager
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or supplier issues.
- Able to analyze and inspect the purchase order, pro forma invoices, etc. clearly and distinctly
- Being diligent and meticulous when handling commercial invoices to ensure the lack of errors
- Able to peruse and comprehend international shipping terms such as (FOB, CIF, etc.) as well as payment terms to avoid any misconception
- Capable of scrutinizing and performing analysis on purchase orders to ensure duplicated order quantities, reviewing sales & purchase contracts as well as commercial invoices to ensure the particulars are accurate, precise and satisfied the conditions
- Able to amicably comminute with vendors and supplier as well as soliciting details on status of shipment on timely basis.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as purchase, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, supplier logs
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Able to seek for best carrier line expeditiously once the cargo is ready for shipment
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Implement specific supplier requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Prepare or file environmental certification applications.
- Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
- Implement or monitor carbon or environmental management, accounting, or audit systems.
- Creating documents related to Import procedures.
- Prepare and follow up all import documents such as Commercial invoice, Bill of lading (B/L), Packing List, Certificate of origin, Form E, Form D and other related documents.
- Coordinate international trading with oversea suppliers.
- Contact to supplier in order to follow up import documentation.
- Co-ordinate with vendors to make to correct shipping mark and shipping document.
- Planning shipment and coordinate with other departments for coming shipment.
- Co-ordinate with freight forwarder and Transportation Company to arrange shipments.
- Coordinate with Shipping agent to ensure Smooth clearance service in a timely and accurate.
- Co-ordinate container unloading with related departments.
- Ensure and monitor the customs clearance to be in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Improve and control cost of import - export clearing to be cost effectiveness.
- Other duties assigned by the management
- Qualification level of a degree holder
- Age not more than (45)
- At least 5 years of working experience in logistic firm and at least 2 years in manager level is preferred.
- Good communication in English, both spoken and written
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- High level of accuracy and reliability
- Able to work under pressure and with given deadlines
- Knowledge of international trade terms and conditions such as payment terms, shipment terms and regulations, customs rules and regulations is a must
- Excellent knowledge in finding sources and enquiring suppliers is a must
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), E-mail, Internet and Myanmar and English Typing
- Able to work under pressure
- Meticulous, analytical and organized
- Initiative and good negotiation skills
- Self- motivated and great leadership skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Coaching skills
- Time Management, Risk Management and deadline-oriented
- Persuasive and credible influencing skills
- Salary: USD (600) (Equivalent Kyats) or DEPENDENT ON APPLICANT'S QUALIFICATIONS
- Job Type: Full Time,
- Contract Type: 2 years
- Benefits: Variable Bonuses ( Performance, Allowances and etc.)
- Location: Central Tower (Kyauktada Township, Yangon)
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday through Saturday except Saturday which is 9am to 3.30pm,
How to Apply?
Interested persons should submit CV with application letter with original hand writing, passport size color (2) photo (within three months taken), copies of NRC Card, Labour registration card, Graduation certificate. Clearance certificate from respective ward & police Station, working experience and other relevant certificate together with supporting documents, expected salary, contact phone number to No.(79/81), Room #904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon by personally (or) please email a copy of your detailed resume in MS Words format to email@example.com Please do specify application post (or) use apply form.
No. (79/81), Room #904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, kyauktada Tsp, Yangon, Myanmar.
Tel : 95-1-374980, 374981, 374982
Fax : 95-1-379617