Warehouse Manager (Auto Parts)
Work activities depend on the size of the operation.
In large storage operations, managers have a more strategic role and deal with planning, coordinating, administration and general management issues, which include the day-to-day supervision of staff and overseeing work organized by team leaders (who then report to the manager). In a small operation, a manager deals with more practical, 'hands-on' work.
Specific tasks carried out by a warehouse manager can include:
- liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies;
- planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods;
- using space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently and making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met;
- having a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these;
- coordinating the use of automated and computerized systems where necessary;
- responding to and dealing with customer communication by email and telephone;
- keeping stock control systems up to date and making sure inventories are accurate;
- planning future capacity requirements;
- organizing the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress;
- motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded;
- producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- briefing team leaders on a daily basis;
- visiting customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving;
- maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely;
- overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
- To manage overall spare parts operations e.g. warehouse/ logistics management and costing management.
- To conduct periodical result reviews and demand forecasts.
- Re-order for part/accounts calculation by future demand.
- To establish collaborations and cooperative relations with other departments for work e.g. sales promotion and service campaign.
- To manage department budget for expenditures on daily, monthly, yearly basis
- Other duties as assigned by the BOD.
- Graduates from any subject can enter warehouse management but the following subjects are particularly useful and relevant:
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent.
- Age not more than (50)
- At least 5 years working experiences in automotive spare parts industries.
- Ability to speak in English language is preferable
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), E-mail, Internet and Myanmar and English Typing
- Knowledge of international logistics terms (Incoterm 2000).
- Ability to interact well with all subordinates in the organization
- Customer service-oriented, focused strong mind and collaboration.
- Able to handle complain amicably with good communication skills.
- Ability to work systematically, analyze data with critical thinking skill.
- Strong analytical, problem solving ability to engage and build the business and team towards high performance.
- Confident, strong management and leadership skill, performance driven and able to inspire team for results and self-motivated in learning and participating in new projects.
- transport, distribution or logistics;
- supply chain management;
- business, management or economics;
- retail management;
- operational research;
- business information systems;
- business with languages.
- You will need to have:
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- numeracy and an understanding of finance;
- knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse;
- people management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas;
- planning and organizing skills;
- team working ability;
- analytical ability;
- initiative and decisiveness;
- technical and IT skills, particularly database management and spreadsheets;
- problem-solving skills and an ability to work on a tactical and strategic level;
- the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- If satisfied the above qualifications, the salary granted will be up to (500) USD
How to Apply?
Interested persons should submit CV with application letter with original hand writing, passport size color (2) photo (within three months taken), copies of NRC Card, Labour registration card, Graduation certificate. Clearance certificate from respective ward & police Station, working experience and other relevant certificate together with supporting documents, expected salary, contact phone number to No.(79/81), Room #904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon by personally (or) please email a copy of your detailed resume in MS Words format to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do specify application post (or) use apply form.
No. (79/81), Room #904, Central Tower, Corner of Anawrahta Road & 39th Street, kyauktada Tsp, Yangon, Myanmar.
Tel : 95-1-374980, 374981, 374982
Fax : 95-1-379617